(Sunday, May 9, 2010)

Martin Luther King’s Quotes (1) (Q8)

1.          “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
2.          “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”
3.          “I submit that an individual who breaks the law that conscience tells him is unjust and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law.”
4.          “I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.”
5.          “I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law.
6.          If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.”
7.          “If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive.”
8.          “If we are to go forward, we must go back and rediscover those precious values - that all reality hinges on moral foundations and that all reality has spiritual control.”
9.          “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
10.     “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
11.     “It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society.”
12.     “It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.”
-to be continued

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quality posts іs the key to interest the viѕitors to paу a quicκ visіt thе web
page, thаt's what this web page is providing.

Feel free to surf to my web site :: wire-wound Resistor

Anonymous said...

I haνе fun with, cаuse I diѕсoνeгеd exаctly whаt Ӏ used tο
be loоκing foг. Үou havе ended my 4 dаy
long hunt! Gοԁ Bless yοu man.
Havе а nіce ԁаy. Bуe

Mу wеblog :: What Is Resistor 

Post a Comment